Parking Eye have no Planning Permission for the CCTV

Just had a nice result – Cambridge planning office have confirmed that the CCTV has no planning permission – and needs it. This would appear to mean that the evidence gathered by the CCTV is inadmissible in court for civil claims.

More updates on this page (click here) when I get more information – and advice about what to do right now.


Taken to court – apply to stay your case

As Barry Beavis has started his appeal in the Supreme Court, you can apply to have your case stayed pending the outcome. This will give you more time to prepare your case. Also, if he wins, so do you….

Here is how – send the letter below to the court. Replace YOUR CLAIM NUMBER with your own one, and YOUR NAME with the defendant’s name.


Ref: Claim number YOUR CLAIM NUMBER (ParkingEye Limited vs YOUR NAME)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would respectfully request that the claim is stayed
pending the decision in the case of ParkingEye Limited v
Barry Beavis [2015] EWCA Civ 402, Claim 3JD05152 (CoA appeal no B2/2014/2010).

As ParkingEye Limited referred to this Beavis case in their
Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (form N180). While I
do not rely wholly on the Beavis defence, a finding in
favour of Beavis would likely mean this claim (YOUR CLAIM NUMBER) would be struck out.

I have also been reliably informed that Judge Jones in Reading is postponing all cases involving ParkingEye until the outcome of the Supreme Court is known.

Yours sincerely,